This checklist is a tool to help ensure that you have the correct Gerber PCB layout guidelines before submitting your order.
Gerber PCB File Submission:
- My files are contained in a single compressed file (.zip) containing only the required files
- Once my order is put into process no additional changes to the files will be permitted.
Gerber Layer File Preparation:
- Preview files in a Gerber viewer prior to submission to insure that the files have exported as you expected.
- Verify that the board design fits into the Sunstone manufacturing Capabilities
- Gerber files format is either RS274X (embedded apertures) or RS274D (with aperture list separately)
- All external layers (top and bottom) are positive polarity
- Files do not require manual merging
- Power / Ground / mounting holes have sufficient clearance to the copper layers to prevent shorting.
Single SIded - 1 layer Boards: PLEASE PREVIEW ALL 1-Layer Files
- Preview files as if viewed looking through the top (component) layer side.
- Right Reading copper text is drawn on the single side (+silk screen if applicable)
- Single sided boards (Limited Review - Prototype) will contain plated through holes (pads will be added to the opposite side)
- Internal layers are individual layers (either positive or negative polarity) that do not require merging.
- Internal ground layers contain sufficient clearances for all holes including non-plated and mounting holes.
- Ground and Power layers are marked to indicate proper polarity
- Cut shape is drawn around board perimeter using a continuous line.
- ASCII text file provided showing the X and Y coordinates of the holes.
- My NC drill file is NOT a Gerber layer or drawing.
- Separate tool size list included or the tool sizes are listed within the header of my Excellon drill file.
Slot / Cutouts:
- These features are indicated on the outline layer.
- The minimum width for a plated slot is 0.020"
- The minimum width for a non-plated slot is 0.031"
- Top and Bottom (as required) files have been included
- Solder mask swell is at least 0.008" larger than the copper features to keep solder mask off of copper features.
- Top and Bottom (as required) files included
- Silk screen is drawn with a minimum 0.006" aperture line width to ensure legibility.
Native File Upload:
- For EAGLE Users: please include a readme with your object layers defined. If these are not documented:
- Top silk layer: Sunstone will default to object layer 21 (tplace) and 25 (tnames)
- Bottom silk layer: Sunstone will default to object layer 22 (bplace) and 26 (bnames)
- All midlayer object layer selections MUST be documented in your file set.